Friday, September 28, 2007

Movie review


A tragedy The Invisible is a new movie in 2007. It isn’t like what most people expect to be a horror; instead, it is dolorous yet very beautiful. The story shows a change of a high school student’s humanity, from a devil to an angel. I don’t want to say much about the plot since it is all on the websites. Here I want to say some of my opinions though it may not be so much relevant to the content of the movie.
First, being an invisible doesn’t seem to be that cool as I thought. Though the invisible can do whatever they want to do and nobody will find out, they feel extremely lonely since they have no friends. Everything can be a double edged sword. Being the invisible also means one has to sacrifice his/her love, friendship and so on. He cannot console his family and friends when they are sad. He cannot warn his family and friends when there is a danger ahead. He cannot communicate with his family and friends when they were lonely. Most sadly, he knows what he needs to do, but he can do nothing, since he doesn’t virtually exist in the world. After I watched this movie, I guess I will no longer fantasize about being an invisible.
Second, who should be blamed for this tragedy? Most people would say that Annie was the initiator of this tragedy because she beat Nick so hard which nearly took Nick’s life away. Yes, I cannot deny that face. However, think harder, in my opinion Nick should take main responsibility for his own tragedy. If he could communicate with his schoolmates as often as possible, if he could understood his mother’s difficulties as much as possible, none of those would happen. He blamed his mother for forcing him to be a person who he hated to be. He looked down upon Annie for her improper behavior and lousy grades. However, he never went through self-meditation. He thought he was a perfect person, but actually he was a hypocrite. He just lived under a fake mask.
Third, children should never question the love from their parents. Generally, the majority of the parents love their children very much, but the ways they show their love vary. In this movie, Nick thought his mother didn’t love him, but when he saw his mother crying so hard, he finally knew his mother did care about him. Therefore, I think, parents would like to sacrifice anything in order to protect their children; maybe, sometimes their deeds are against their children’s will. Nevertheless, as long as their intentions are good, children should understand them before it is too late.

6 comments:

Brad Blackstone said...

This is a very interesting approach to a film review, Karen. Very teasing! You give just enough detail to make me interested but not so much that I feel like I know the story. I also appreciate your analysis, and I look forward to taking the film out and watching it.

Z said...

I've heard this movie before but never got a chance to watch it... so sad...
I'm sure i'll catch up some day loh... just wait for my comments ha.

anyway, i like your movie review.

vincent said...

After reading your movie review, i find the movie interesting and also a bit mysterious.
The review is a well organised one with clear structure and fluent language.
I love it!

Bonnie said...

After seeing your reVIEW and comment on my review (haha,do you notice the difference between the two words that i use) i immedeately made some change to my review.Still review la,but i am changing ,hope it can be a reVIEW.

:)

Vicky Huang said...

Interesting! Your own opinions about the movie are impressive!!! Yes, many things seems perfect and beneficial at the first sight, but when things go on, their disadvantage will exposed and sometimes things will be out of control, just like the situation in the movie “click”. So when we should think twice when we make our mind. Sometimes in an embarrassing situation, I wish I can be invisible, but just wish. But it is impossible , so we have to be brave enough to face the reality!

Tang Xin said...

eh...I agree that you made a good job because you have shown your mind and your onw ideas on that movie.
But personally, I do not like so formal movie review. huhu.....
I think film review should be more like casual talks...